We are pleased you will be joining us for the next ITS Orientation!
As our first priority we are dedicated to making this a worshipful experience. We seek spiritual renewal. The ITS Orientation will emphasize two basic areas. It is important for you to get to know the organizational culture of LIFE International, so valuable time will be spent learning and experiencing who we are. The second aspect is to understand the culture that has formed us and how that influences our perception of other cultures. This is the basis for understanding and working with others internationally.
Please take time to understand the Purpose & Objectives of the ITS Orientation. It is our desire that you are clearly aware of what we hope to accomplish during our time together.
This online assessment is a self-inventory of the four CQ capabilities we will be looking at, and it also includes questions designed to trigger self-reflection specifically oriented toward faith-based experiences. When you go online to complete the profile it will ask the question “compared to your peers...” For consistency you will want to think about the same group of peers throughout the profile. I recommend using the average church member at your church as the peer group you compare yourself to.
- Check your email (don’t forget to check your spam!) for the unique link from the Cultural Intelligence Center.
- Click on the link and set-up an account.
- Follow the instructions to begin the 15-20 minute assessment.
- At the end of the assessment you will be given opportunity to “Download Feedback Report”. Download and print your report.
- Please bring the printed report with you to the retreat.
If you need to access your report again you can login to your assessment portal HERE using the email and password you used to set up your account.
You DO NOT need to work on the “Development Plan” found in the report before the training retreat.
For technical questions about the website or problems taking or accessing the online profile, please send an email to Fen Hiew: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expand Your Borders Book
Your registration fee includes Expand Your Borders, by Dr. David Livermore which you will receive when you arrive to Grand Rapids. The teaching during the ITS Orientation is based on the cultural values and four cultural aspects described in this book. Dr. Livermore is a friend of LIFE International and has been available to us in the forming of this training. Please download and read the “What’s Your CQ?” excerpt from the book before the start of our training retreat.
Travel to Grand Rapids is your responsibility. Once here we will take care of transportation including picking you up from the airport or your hotel Thursday and your return Sunday after lunch. If you are arriving or departing on another day please make your own arrangements to and from the airport but do contact us, we may be able to help. Once you have made your travel arrangements please email your flight itinerary to: email@example.com so we can arrange your transportation. We will begin at the LIFE International headquarters in Grand Rapids and then take a van or carpool to Wingshadow.
What to Bring
- Printed copy of your CQ profile (see above).
- Your Bible for times of worship, used in training and personal devotional time.
- Some people process things while writing so we encourage you to bring a Journal.
- Bring an open heart and a spirit ready to share with others.
- See the Wingshadow Facilities for the room amenities available so you can plan accordingly.