Who can volunteer?
Volunteers go to learn, to share their energy and time with the people, to experience the culture first-hand, and to grow themselves. Paramount to all activity, however, is a desire to give allegiance to Christ, to submit to the Holy Spirit’s leading, and to bring glory to the Father. A healthy relationship with God leads to health in other relationships and in one’s work. The following characteristics are among those exemplified in people who serve with LIFE International:
- Healthy, growing Christian faith
- Commitment to the mission and vision of LIFE International
- Living and serving in a way that reflects the vision and expectations of LIFE International
- Openness to various expressions of Christian faith and respect for people of other faiths
- Respect for beliefs, values, and customs of the country and culture where assigned
- Well-developed interpersonal skills which demonstrate understanding and compassion
- Appropriate training/education/life experiences for the assignment
- Demonstrated ability to carry out the responsibilities of an assignment
- Ability to work within the framework of a local administration
- Teachable, adaptable, and flexible, with a sense of humor
- Good physical and emotional health
How long is a trip?
Most trips last between 7 and 10 days. Some can be as short as 3 days or as long as 3 weeks.
Where can I go?
LIFE International’s mission is to reach every nation where abortion exists. Once you have applied to become an International Training Specialist, you will receive a monthly electronic update of upcoming trips.
How much does it cost?
Trip costs varies greatly depending on the location and length of the trip, with airfare normally the most significant expense. Trips generally cost between $1,500 to $3,000 per person.
Must I cover the cost of the trips with LIFE International?
We don’t expect you to cover trip costs out of pocket. It’s our hope you will consider this as you would any other mission trip, extending to others the opportunity to serve with you through financial giving. LIFE International is committed to guiding you through this process.
Where will I stay?
Depending on the country of travel your lodging could be humble accommodations or a Western-style hotel. No matter what the situation we always make safety a priority. Specific information pertaining to dress, food, and cultural customs will be provided in detail at the time of your travel assignment.